Summer time is nearly here, see the beautiful river-side city of Brisbane come to life with plenty of activities, sporting events, world class entertainment and natural attractions to keep you and your family entertained. Here are 10 top things to do in and around Brisbane for the whole family.
1. Cool off at Streets Beach at South Bank with Australia's only inner-city man-made beach featuring a shallow lagoon, sandy shores and sub-tropical plants.
2. Kayak the Brisbane River with Riverlife with a guided kayak tour day or night. Prices start from $49.
3. Cruise down the Brisbane River on a relaxing and informative fully commentated sightseeing River Cruise. Select from morning, afternoon or lunch cruises. Prices start from $29.
4. Swim a few laps at Sleemans Aquatic Centre an Olympic size swimming pool used by Swimming Queensland. You can even join in with Aqua Aerobics classes that are scheduled each day.
5. See some of the worlds most spectacular and talented illusionist performers, they have dazzled millions across the globe. Now its Australia’s turn! The Illusionists Direct from Broadway 9-19 January 2019 at QPAC, tickets start from $79 QPAC Box Office
6. Explore nature at Mt Coot-tha with more than 1500 hectares of open eucalypt forest waiting to be explored, with picnic areas, creeks, and waterfalls plus over 31 kilometres of tracks.
8. Go chasing dolphins on a cruise over to Moreton Island with Dolphin Wild Cruises. Prices start from $155 for adults.
9. Jump on a CityCycle and cycle the city with 150 stations available across Brisbane’s city centre, stretching from Newstead to West End and Toowong.
The Glen Hotel and Suites are ideally located in Southern Brisbane making it easy to explore all our great city has to offer, witha beautiful outdoor swimming pool, free parking and WiFi our rooms and suites are the perfect choice. Book your summer holiday Southern Brisbane Accommodation today.