Did you know the home of Beenleigh Rum, Australia’s original rum is still owned and operated on the banks of the Albert River in South East Queensland, where it has been made using traditional methods for over 130 years.
The Distillery is open 7 days and welcomes visitors to come and enjoy an informative tour. Tours operate Wednesday to Sunday from 10.30am, with the last tour at 2.30pm.
Come and hear the tall tales of the bold and colourful history of Beenleigh Rum and taste the authentic artisan flavours of the very rum your Aussie ancestors have been drinking for the last century or so.
Monday – Friday 10am-5pm
Saturday and Sunday 10am-4pm
Classic Rum Tasting Experience from $15
Distillers Selection Rum Tasters Experience from $15
Distillery Tour from $15
Master of Rum - craft your own and tour from $80
142 Distillery Road Eagleby (Exit 35)
Glen Hotel and Suites is located just a short drive from Beenleigh Distiller, one of the areas top attractions. Stay in immaculate 4.5 star accommodation with a solar heated pool, onsite dining and free secure car parking. Book your Southern Brisbane Accommodation now.
When: 28 – 29 March 2019
Where: Brisbane Entertainment Centre
The Big funny man is on his BIG world tour, here’s chance to see Michael McIntyre live on stage! McIntyre is Britain’s biggest comedian and he is taking his show around the globe bringing laughter where ever he goes.
Loved by the masses Michael McIntyre has a solid following back home and has had sell out shows in New Zealand, Australia, Hong Kong, Singapore and Dubai.
He even holds a record for the best selling comedy shows in South Africa and Norway.
Have tears of laughter roll down your cheeks as you cackle to the clever wit of Michael McIntyre live at Brisbane Entertainment Centre this March 2019.
Tickets available from $89.90
The Glen Hotel and Suites in South Brisbane is within 30 minutes of Brisbane Entertainment Centre featuring free parking, free WiFi, onsite dining and sparkling outdoor swimming pool. Book your Brisbane Accommodation and see Michael McIntyre Live BIG Word Tour.
Do you and your kids love the Christmas Classic movies? At South Bank over the pre-Christmas period you can enjoy some of your favourites together at the unique outdoor cinema experience at South Bank.
Christmas Cinema is presented on River Quay’s inviting lawns, come and relax with these free family-friendly films, stock up on cool drinks and entertainment snacks and you ready to settle in for the evening. Movies show nightly at 8.15pm:
Friday 14 December
Arthur Christmas (G)
Saturday 15 December
The Nightmare Before Christmas (G)
Sunday 16 December
Miracle on 34th Street (1994)
Monday 17 December
The Santa Clause (G)
Tuesday 18 December
National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation (M)
Wednesday 19 December
Thursday 20 December
Friday 21 December
Rise of the Guardians (PG)
Saturday 22 December
The Polar Express (G)
Sunday 23 December
Home Alone (PG)
Bring on the Christmas spirit at Christmas Cinema at South Bank.
Market lovers will love getting out and about to the Early Bird & Breakfast Markets!
It’s an eclectic mix of tasty foods, fresh farm-direct produce and unique crafts. There is an extensive number of gourmet breakfast stalls, fresh produce stalls are piled high and selling at market prices; you will discover flower stalls, plants, arts, crafts, clothing and handmade goods.
It’s the market where you can get the lot, fresh eggs, artisan breads and pastries, as well as fresh local seafood and premium meats all at great prices.
The Early Bird and Breakfast Market is a family friendly FREE event with free parking, live music and entertainment.
Every Wednesday 8am-1pm
Beenleigh Town Square, Corner of Crete and Kent Streets Beenleigh
The Glen Hotel and Suites is conveniently located 20 minutes from Beenliegh and 15mins to Brisbane CBD. Offering luxurious Superior Rooms and Suites with an outdoor swimming pool, free WiFi and complementary parking. Book your South Brisbane Accommodation today.
Summer time is nearly here, see the beautiful river-side city of Brisbane come to life with plenty of activities, sporting events, world class entertainment and natural attractions to keep you and your family entertained. Here are 10 top things to do in and around Brisbane for the whole family.
1. Cool off at Streets Beach at South Bank with Australia's only inner-city man-made beach featuring a shallow lagoon, sandy shores and sub-tropical plants.
2. Kayak the Brisbane River with Riverlife with a guided kayak tour day or night. Prices start from $49.
3. Cruise down the Brisbane River on a relaxing and informative fully commentated sightseeing River Cruise. Select from morning, afternoon or lunch cruises. Prices start from $29.
4. Swim a few laps at Sleemans Aquatic Centre an Olympic size swimming pool used by Swimming Queensland. You can even join in with Aqua Aerobics classes that are scheduled each day.
5. See some of the worlds most spectacular and talented illusionist performers, they have dazzled millions across the globe. Now its Australia’s turn! The Illusionists Direct from Broadway 9-19 January 2019 at QPAC, tickets start from $79 QPAC Box Office
6. Explore nature at Mt Coot-tha with more than 1500 hectares of open eucalypt forest waiting to be explored, with picnic areas, creeks, and waterfalls plus over 31 kilometres of tracks.
8. Go chasing dolphins on a cruise over to Moreton Island with Dolphin Wild Cruises. Prices start from $155 for adults.
9. Jump on a CityCycle and cycle the city with 150 stations available across Brisbane’s city centre, stretching from Newstead to West End and Toowong.
The Glen Hotel and Suites are ideally located in Southern Brisbane making it easy to explore all our great city has to offer, witha beautiful outdoor swimming pool, free parking and WiFi our rooms and suites are the perfect choice. Book your summer holiday Southern Brisbane Accommodation today.