Brisbane Parks & Gardens
Published on Sunday, 29 May 2016 22:49
Written by Ryan
For those who like to experience nature and amble through green spaces, there are numerous parks and gardens in and around the City that are worth exploring during your stay in Brisbane.
- South Bank Parklands with 17 hectares of green spaces, world-class eateries, stunning river views and hosts hundreds of fantastic events all year round.
- City Botanic Gardens Brisbane's oldest park with its ancient trees, rainforest glades and exotic plant species. The park runs the full length of Alice St, bordered by Parliament House on one side and the Brisbane River's northern banks on the other.
- Roma Street Parklands one of Brisbane’s premier parks, with some of the most beautiful examples of contemporary display gardens in Australia.
- New Farm Park with 18 hectares of superbly planned horticultural delights such as a mass display of roses, Jacarandas and Poincianas are located in the park's centre. The park is adjacent to the Brisbane Powerhouse at 1042 Brunswick Street, New Farm
- Brisbane Botanic Gardens are located 7Kms from the Brisbane CBD in Toowong, at the foot of Brisbane's tallest mountain, Mount Coot-tha. Set amongst beautifully manicured gardens and nestled in the natural bushland of Brisbane Forest Park, is the Summit Restaurant and Bar, Kuta Cafe, Gift Shop and Observation Deck.
On the south side of Brisbane you are also spoilt for choice with:
- Brady Bushland Park at Runcorn, a 9.1 hectare natural bushland regeneration area. It comprises of great walking tracks running through the bush setting or you can walk along the footpaths either side. There is a pretty and peaceful creek that runs through the middle of the park.
- DM Henderson Park located on Granadilla Street in Macgregor is a spacious park with large flat grassy spaces, bike and walking paths, fitness station and plenty of big shady trees.
For more information on Brisbane Parks and Gardens and guided tours visit Brisbane City Council
Book your Southern Brisbane Accommodation with us here today at The Glen Hotel & Suites CLICK HERE