Day Trip to Ipswich
Published on Sunday, 14 August 2016 22:03
Written by Ryan
Take a day trip out to the historical city of Ipswich which is 50 Kms west of Brisbane. The city is renowned for beautiful sprawling homes and historically significant public buildings with wonderful heritage trail tours to explore the city and beyond.
The region is also rich with picturesque natural areas offering opportunites to walk, hike, bike, with tracks suitable for any skill level. Here are the top ten things to do in Ipswich:
- Explore Queens Park, South East Queensland's oldest park. Pick up an audio tour and stroll around at your leisure.
- Visit the award-winning Workshops Rail Museum.
- Browse Ipswich Antique Centre & Cafe located in a heritage-listed 1895 building.
- Climb Denmark Hill, inner city bushland reserve for panoramic views over the city.
- Sample some beers at Pumpyard Bar & Brewery.
- Check out Ipswich Art Gallery - the biggest gallery west of Brisbane.
- Soar from aloft in a Hot Air Balloon over the city and stunning Scenic Rim.
- Wander around the CBD taking in landmark heritage buildings, funky café scene and grand old pubs.
- Take a detour to the historic and elegant mansion - Woodlands at Marburg.
- Hope on board an immaculate vintage wooden carriage with Queensland Pioneer Steam Railway.
The Brisbane Citytrain network provides regular connections from Brisbane to Ipswich.
Book your Southern Brisbane Accommodation with us here today at The Glen Hotel and Suites CLICK HERE